Hi! My wife Lisa and I have a 12 year old boy named Jackson and a 9 year old girl named Lauren. Jackson's a sweet kid who loves math and science and is already way beyond me when it comes to computers. Lauren may seem shy, but ask her about animals, especially West Highland White Terriers, and she'll talk your fluffy little ears off!
Friday night is our family "Star Trek and pizza night," and we like to go for hikes and bike rides. On weekends I play ice-hockey with other old, slow guys, and I'm eager to take the kids to a Kings or Ducks game soon! Lisa and I are also the owners of 2 self-serve frozen yogurt stores, so we like to support other small business owners!
For the first time ever, our family is going camping. This could be either a very good or very bad idea. We just bought a tent, shown here in the back yard. Jackson and I have been camping many times with Boy Scouts, but we've never had all four of us in a tent. We're starting easy, just an overnight at a campground with things like "water" and "toilets."
1. I don't sleep well in a tent. I never get comfortable. Toss and turn all night, listening for the tree which will tip over and crush us all.
2. You ever have to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night in a tent? You can either attempt to hold it all night or put on shoes and get out there!
3. I'm sure there's going to be somebody with a loud stereo 20 feet from us.
4. And they're probably drunk and heavily armed.
5. Bugs love me. They think I'm delicious.
6. Our kids can argue non-stop from separate bedrooms! I hope being in tent together will be a bonding experience! Yeah, right!