Weekday Mornings 5am-9am
Came across these 5 fatal mistakes you CAN'T make at that all-important job interview.
1. NOT MAKING EYE CONTACT. Look into the soul...but don't make it creepy.
2. ANSWERING A CELL PHONE OR TEXTING DURING THE INTERVIEW. Well, Duh!
3. DRESSING INAPPROPRIATELY. Guess those cargo shorts and sandals are out, huh?
4. BAD-MOUTHING YOUR LAST EMPLOYER.
5. BAD POSTURE. This is important. Act like it.
And, just in case you wondered, these are the 4 dumbest things we came up with that actual humans have commited to sink their chances...
1. One person reached under the table and put their hand on the interviewer's knee.
2. Another said that they quit their job at a bank because they were always tempted to STEAL. Ugh!
3. Yet another applicant paused in the middle of their interview to call their current boss and PRETEND to be sick to get out of work.
4. One guy said he wouldn't take the job if it required waking up early OR READING. There's that pesky literacy again. (photo from psychology.com)