Weekday Mornings 5am-9am
It could happen. It could happen to you today. And since we're here to help, may we provide 5 ways to tell if that next person you meet is lying to you?
Here we go...
1. They change the way they talk. If they suddenly talk faster or slower than usual or the pitch of their voice goes up or down...LIAR!
2. When they avoid saying "I," and, instead, start a sentence with "We think that..." or "People say...," they've created a psychological distance between themselves (singular pronoun) and the lie. LIAR!
3. They have an answer for everything. WHEN YOU'RE TELLING THE TRUTH, THERE'S NO PRESSURE TO CONVINCE ANYONE. LIAR!
4. They fidget unnecessarily. LIAR!
5. When they keep saying, "To tell you the truth...," The truth? As opposed to what? LIAR! (photo by tiptoptens.com)