Weekday Mornings 5am-9am
Hey! Times are tough. You know when it's still a week and a half to payday and you're all tapped out. Well, it looks like your bank may have an answer. Remember when you've punched in "20" for your dollar amount and the message "Insufficient Funds" popped up on the screen? That was then. Now, Chase and PNC banks are doing away with the $20 minimum. New machines will allow you to take as little as one, five or ten dollars. Of course, if you need just one buck and the fee is $2.50, that could seem a little costly. Or you could be my co-host, Teri Ann. TA says she'll just panhandle. She's all set up around the dinner hour each day at the corner of Blackstone and Shaw. Plays the blues on kazoo. Stop by, enjoy and give her a buck or two. Hey, it's free money and with NO FEES! (photo from gfi.com)
A new study just in from Dusseldorf University in Germany sez THESE are the 5 things you're most likely to swallow by accident. Yes, they did a study. Here goes:
1. Fish bones. Love that salmon but, while you're rinsing yours in the sink, you'll never know if there are bones in there until you rub AGAINST THE GRAIN. Do it.
2. Chicken bones. Come on, people. These are a lot bigger. Just be sure when you swallow the wishbone that you swallow the single end first and you swallow it all the way. Gotta think about that for a minute. Better yet, DON't do that.
3. Dentures. Wait a minute. Didn't you just have teeth a minute ago?
5. Toothpicks. Seems to me, if you're paying attention, this could NEVER happen. PS. There IS a warning label written right the side of each and every toothpick. Right there in tiny print. It says, "Don't inhale this tooothpick, dummy!" (photo from fishheadart.com)
Came across these 5 fatal mistakes you CAN'T make at that all-important job interview.
1. NOT MAKING EYE CONTACT. Look into the soul...but don't make it creepy.
2. ANSWERING A CELL PHONE OR TEXTING DURING THE INTERVIEW. Well, Duh!
3. DRESSING INAPPROPRIATELY. Guess those cargo shorts and sandals are out, huh?
4. BAD-MOUTHING YOUR LAST EMPLOYER.
5. BAD POSTURE. This is important. Act like it.
And, just in case you wondered, these are the 4 dumbest things we came up with that actual humans have commited to sink their chances...
1. One person reached under the table and put their hand on the interviewer's knee.
2. Another said that they quit their job at a bank because they were always tempted to STEAL. Ugh!
3. Yet another applicant paused in the middle of their interview to call their current boss and PRETEND to be sick to get out of work.
4. One guy said he wouldn't take the job if it required waking up early OR READING. There's that pesky literacy again. (photo from psychology.com)