Dave spent the last 14 years waking up Sacramento. Before that, Dave's done time in New York, Philly, Minneapolis, Denver, DC and...Is this boy on the lam or what? Now, he's shuffled down the Valley to start things up with all that great soft rock and the most fun you can have with your radio on. Turn it on first thing every day to join in. You never can tell what'll happen on this guy's show until it happens. In fact, Dave's not really sure what just happened 'til it already did. It IS very early. Just the cows and Dave up at this hour. Come on, belly up to our breakfast table. It's always a good time!
I was born and raised in Portland, Oregon and grew up with hippie parents that sold my brother and sister to the Gypsies and we lived in a VW Van - o.k. KIDDING! My husband Craig and I love to eat, camp, fish, eat, watch t.v., go to movies, eat, BBQ, hang out with friends, and did I say eat? We love to travel and we enjoy meeting new people and trying new things! It seems we are always trying to eat healthier and get active - I want to come to terms with fact I will never get back to my original weight - let's face it 7lbs and 6oz is not very realistic. Wake up with Dave and I and we'll have fun in the mornings and then spend your workday with me - I promise I will help make it go by faster with all of your favorite Soft Rock Music!
The Huffington Post recently compiled a bunch of travel tips that you can either heed OR ignore. With those big summer getaways now just inches away, we thought we'd ask, what do YOU think?
1. Fanny Pack or no? Quick answer, "No!" Now, the fanny pack has its small legion of enthusiasts who are oh so loyal. I mean it is hands-free, reasonably secure and easy to get into when you need to but, hey, it's a fanny pack. We say "No!" IT'S A FANNY PACK!
2. Don't Overschedule. If you're gonna be flat on your back on a beach drinking pina coladas, we couldn't agree more. But if that once-in-a-lifetime trip to London, Paris or Rome is more your thing, some structure seems a good thing. Imagine getting home from France and thinking, wait, we forgot about the Eiffel Tower. Doh!
3. Roll, Don't Fold. Teri rolls. I KNOW that ROLL should trump FOLD but ROLL seems to slip my mind when I last-minute pack. Every expert claims that you should ROLL all of your clothes into tube shapes to remain wrinkle-free. Better do it.
4. Don't Talk To Stangers. Okay, so you don't want to get killed. But, if don't open up to others you may miss out on new friends, secret recommendations from locals and fun interaction with others cultures.
5. Don't Eat Street Food. Teri loves vacationing in Mexico AND LOVES eating everywhere. We, on the otherhand, came out on the losing end of some churros in Ensenada one time. According to the experts, go ahead, eat, but look for vendors who are frequented by locals, make sure to eat in clean places and steer clear of anything made with or washed in unfiltered water.
Come vacation time, don't worry, eat healthy, be happy, have fun! DaveT (photo from motivators.com)