Dave spent the last 14 years waking up Sacramento. Before that, Dave's done time in New York, Philly, Minneapolis, Denver, DC and...Is this boy on the lam or what? Now, he's shuffled down the Valley to start things up with all that great soft rock and the most fun you can have with your radio on. Turn it on first thing every day to join in. You never can tell what'll happen on this guy's show until it happens. In fact, Dave's not really sure what just happened 'til it already did. It IS very early. Just the cows and Dave up at this hour. Come on, belly up to our breakfast table. It's always a good time!
I was born and raised in Portland, Oregon and grew up with hippie parents that sold my brother and sister to the Gypsies and we lived in a VW Van - o.k. KIDDING! My husband Craig and I love to eat, camp, fish, eat, watch t.v., go to movies, eat, BBQ, hang out with friends, and did I say eat? We love to travel and we enjoy meeting new people and trying new things! It seems we are always trying to eat healthier and get active - I want to come to terms with fact I will never get back to my original weight - let's face it 7lbs and 6oz is not very realistic. Wake up with Dave and I and we'll have fun in the mornings and then spend your workday with me - I promise I will help make it go by faster with all of your favorite Soft Rock Music!
Came across 6 things you can do to avoid the no-fun weight gain on that fun vacation you've got planned...
1. GO BIG FOR DINNER! Eat a reasonable breakfast and lunch but then do all the damage you like at a big dinner. That's where you're supposed to have all the fun anyway.
2. If you DO have a big lunch, go for a reset at dinner and dial it down a notch. The rule of thumb: alternate between indulgent and healthy.
3. Be aware that restaurants seem to be serving giant portions so plan to intentionally leave leftovers at every meal. (Mom would NOT like this one! ie. the "clean plate club")
4. ALTERNATE DRINKS. Happy Hour can start as early as 2pm. For more reasons than we need to list, alternate between alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. The night has just begun.
5. If your favorite drink is a calorie explosion (think Pina Colada or 4 or more), switch to something light...a vodka soda, prosecco or maybe some refreshing sangria. Nice!
6. After you load up the beach cooler with drinks and ice, leave room in there for some fruit, nuts, maybe a couple of granola bars. Better and less expensive than buying those BAD SNACKS! DaveT (photo from iheartradio.com)